Monday, January 15, 2018

New to Town inspiration movie

Last night, after reading many articles in the New Yorker and a few chapters in my book, I felt like watching a movie. I didn't have access to the TV so I borrowed my son's kindle to fish around for a movie, a free movie. Up popped many movies I never seen but there was a cost associated with it. Then, a movie called "New to Town" captured my attention. It may have been the wintery scene in the background on the picture or my interest in Renee Zellwiger and Harry Connick Jr. (what's there not to love with him?). My thought was if I'm not interested after 10 mins I can easily switch to another movie. Love that about Amazon. 

I started watching the movie and the opening scene sits four woman scrapbooking. That was the hook. There was no turning back! Scrapbooking isn't the main feature of the film, or else it would have had the title associated with it. But it was a supporting role for sure. If you're looking for a wintery movie, a little romance, a little eye candy, some humor and some scrapbooking involved this is your movie. I never would have watched this movie in any other circumstances. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Maudie," a delightful movie about the folk artist Maudie Lewis

Maudie Don't you love to pick out movies you have no idea what they're about and you end up loving it completely! This is on...